Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FXT Touring CVT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Are you able to get the OEM halogen headlights for the 2014 Forester XT? Also wanting to know if there is a price difference between the chrome housing and black housings? Thanks,

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
649 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FXT Touring CVT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black housing is for the HIDs with the LED strip inside, chrome is for the Halogen without the LED strip. As for availability i'm not sure
I know. There are black housing halogen and chrome housing halogen. Same goes for HID with LED strip, there is a chrome housing version and black housing version. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
649 Posts
I know. There are black housing halogen and chrome housing halogen. Same goes for HID with LED strip, there is a chrome housing version and black housing version. Thanks though.
hmm news to me, please let me know what you find!!

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Oh what, I didn't know we could get black housings. I would love to get a set of those.

·
Registered
2014 FXT Touring CVT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's my understanding that all 2014 USDM XT's have black housing halogen unless they had EyeSight package then they got the black housing HID w/LED. See below:

XT Black Housing Halogen

2.5 Chrome Housing Halogen

XT Black Housing HID w/LED

2.5 Chrome Housing HID w/LED

2010 Forester XT
742 Posts
It's my understanding that all 2014 USDM XT's have black housing halogen unless they had EyeSight package then they got the black housing HID w/LED. See below:

XT Black Housing Halogen

2.5 Chrome Housing Halogen

XT Black Housing HID w/LED

2.5 Chrome Housing HID w/LED
This is very tough to decipher within our catalog. I will search for a VIN for an XT with these , In the meantime if you come across one as well please let me know as this will clear things up.

-Benny

·
Registered
2014 FXT Touring CVT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is very tough to decipher within our catalog. I will search for a VIN for an XT with these , In the meantime if you come across one as well please let me know as this will clear things up.

-Benny
I'd imagine that the HIDs would be around 800 each and the halogens significantly less. On ebay the chrome halogens are going for about 225 but they are used/damaged.

To be honest it doesn't matter if the halogens you have in your catalog are chrome or black housing because I'll be purchasing solely for the purpose of an HID retrofit. I can paint them to my liking if they're chrome.

If you need any info like my VIN or some numbers off the light casing, let me know; I have the black housing halogens on my XT. Thanks!

2010 Forester XT
742 Posts
I'd imagine that the HIDs would be around 800 each and the halogens significantly less. On ebay the chrome halogens are going for about 225 but they are used/damaged.

To be honest it doesn't matter if the halogens you have in your catalog are chrome or black housing because I'll be purchasing solely for the purpose of an HID retrofit. I can paint them to my liking if they're chrome.

If you need any info like my VIN or some numbers off the light casing, let me know; I have the black housing halogens on my XT. Thanks!
Yes please PM me your VIN in that case

Thanks,
Benny

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
3 Posts
Hello all,
I have been wondering the same thing. I would like to swap my halogen lights for the ones with the black bezel and the LED stripe. Is there an option to get halogen light with the LED ribbon/stripe? I am not waiting the HID, just the LED ribbon. :biggrin:

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
217 Posts
Hello all,
I have been wondering the same thing. I would like to swap my halogen lights for the ones with the black bezel and the LED stripe. Is there an option to get halogen light with the LED ribbon/stripe? I am not waiting the HID, just the LED ribbon. :biggrin:

Thanks

same here, the led would look nice with the xt bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts