Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Touring Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new forester owners (2014) who have a 2.5i or XT experience the same CVT issues that I have been reading in the problems forum. I purchased an XT and get delivery on October 21 but didn't find this forum until after I signed on the dotted line. Love the vehicle when I test drove it and purchased a Subaru because of the reliability reports. Please let me know Canuck Subby owners what has been your experience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
What in particular are you concerned about? I haven't seen any suspicious trends on this forum regarding the CVTs.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Touring Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over on the problems forum a few 2014 forester owners were bringing up some concerns with surging and issues with the tranny being sluggish. Even one guy who had his bought back by SOA. With the crickets on the forum I will assume everyone is loving there 2014 as will I when I get it!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester xt prem Cvt
161 Posts
no cvt issues for me. out it in S# and see if its still sluggish. If it is "slugging", id take it in to get checked. maybe its under/overserviced from the factory.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
82 Posts
No problem!

12500 km so far. No tranny problem. This is for 14XT. The only thing I hate is the door locks. If you turn your key on the driver's door. It doesn't lock all the doors =(.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 i premium cvt
11 Posts
Got my 2014 2.5i in June, have not had any issues with the CVT, other than getting use to the way it acts, when it is -35c out it will act differently until it warms up to operating temperature. found the CVT to be solid so far, 14500km to date

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium CVT
53 Posts
Gentle bucking at slow speeds when engine is not warmed up and AC is on. This issue goes away after about 15 or 20 minutes. Its quite annoying when making a short trip to the grocery store, however. Subaru states this is normal. I think they should try to come up with a fix for it.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.0 XT CVT
11 Posts
No issues with XT cvt in South Africa that I'm aware of. Love the box. Did however get stuck once in reverse on very steep incline and front wheels came up against 3 or 4 inch obstacle!! Could not get the car to get over it, motor wouldn't rev beyond 2000revs. Seems the same issue that Outbacks reported a few years ago? Only happened once, I'll mention it to them when it goes in for a service.

Very happy with car otherwise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts