Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. New owner of a 2014 forester limited. Loving the vehicle but have been missing the coolant temp gauge. I have a scangauge for our other vehicle and don’t want to go switching back and forth all the time. After searching old posts I’ve found the the scan gauge could do cvt temp but the ultra gauge couldn’t. Does anyone know if the ultra gauge has been updated for cvt temp? Or does anyone have any alternative suggestions like Bluetooth obd and apps? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
452 Posts
Ive used the OBD Fusion app paired with a Veepeak VP11 bluetooth scan tool dongle. Mainly for any trouble codes I might get. It doesn't appear that CVT temp is available among the 40 or so different readings I get from my car, whether thats something Fusion doesn't read or the Forester doesn't send no clue. I can get real time coolant (engine) temp on the Fusion "dashboard" screen but not oil temp, but i get that already on my MFD screen. When the engine is off but key on you can go to Diagnostics>Report>PID Snapshot and wait a bit and the 40 or so PID results will eventually download with more info. First time I've used one of these OBD readers so I'm a newbie with it all. I don't leave the bluetooth dongle in place because it draws some current even with car off and I will mainly use the thing for any future code reading if anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts