Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
537 Posts
Hello,

Yes we can assist. I do not see a pre-painted accessory spoiler but the original one is available to purchase and would require to be painted. The price below is without hardware just to get an idea of costs:
SPOILER ASSEMBLY ROOF
Make: Subaru | New Part#: 96031SG000NN
List Price: $294.53
Your Price: $220.90

Please let me know if you would like further details or have any questions

-Benny

·
Registered
19 Posts
Benny

Called my local Subaru dealer today and they told me the rear spoiler will not fit on the hatch of a premium model. They are only made to fit the hatch of the limited. Can you confirm this?

Rich

·
Vendor
537 Posts
Benny

Called my local Subaru dealer today and they told me the rear spoiler will not fit on the hatch of a premium model. They are only made to fit the hatch of the limited. Can you confirm this?

Rich
Hi Rich,

The stamping of the liftgates are identical. There are provisions on some for the rear spoiler already. There are also provisions for power liftgate and non power which yields 3 different part number liftgates combined so technically yes it is a different part number but I would not say it won't fit.

-Benny

·
Registered
19 Posts
The question is does it fit like one from the factory? A few people on here have encountered installation issues. Has anyone else had one installed without problems?

·
Vendor
537 Posts
The question is does it fit like one from the factory? A few people on here have encountered installation issues. Has anyone else had one installed without problems?
The shape of the rear gate is the same as they are all stamped from the same mold therefore the spoiler should be installed in the exact same location as the factory equipped one. I found this thread which speaks about gap issues and the need to cover the hole. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f80/spoiler-installation-281169/#post2956394

The forum member described urethane being used to cover the original brake lamp hole, This I believe may have caused some mis-alignment issues as it becomes a solid substance once dried. My recommendation would be to use a clear vinyl tape specifically designed for this situation. This tape is used in many automotive applications when covering up unused holes within stamped sheet metal. This clear vinyl is also used on lower exterior areas of vehicles to prevent against rock chips. It is UV resistant to protect against shrinkage and peeling and is weather resistant. A professional body shop should have access to this material.

-Benny

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone else here get a rear spoiler installed on their 14 Forester? If so was there any problems and how does it look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead...any updates? I'll be ordering a wing for my wife's wingless premium. Just want to know what I'll be running into along the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts