Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Premium CVT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Forester Premium AT with a CVT. I have 113,000 miles on it. The Engine was replaced at 90,000 miles by suburu as part of the warrenty (thank god) due to the engine oil burning issue as we are familiar with. While driving home on the highway tonight I got a whole slew of lights that include the Check Engine light. I bought a code reader and I am getting the following 4 codes:
P0700 - in my code reader manual it says this means "Trans Control Sys Malfunction:, P2764, and again P0700 and P2764.
I checked the gas cap to make sure it was on good. Trans Control Sys Malfunction doesnt sound good - I hope its not an issue with the Transmission - but what little I could find on the net it sure seems like it. I just got this so thats all I have done so far. The car seems to ride fine. Ideas or any comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
258 Posts
“A whole slew of lights” - would you be able to be more specific? Are you sure it was the CEL?

It is fairly common for different lights to appear in a sequence that makes little to no sense for what is really wrong. For instance, I had the AT Temp, ABS and battery lights when my brake light switch failed (common to that age). I also had another set of lights when I had a bad LED in the brake light housing. The point is that it may be something pretty simple, but not too easy to diagnose without the help of the dealer to decipher.

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring
7 Posts
I have a 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring with 96k miles on it. I just dropped mine off at the dealership this morning. I'm getting P0700 and P2762 ("Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Range/Performance Low").

From reading other threads, I'm expecting to get the CVT valve body replaced because of the one faulty solenoid in it (from reading other threads, they don't touch the solenoid alone, they replace the whole assembly). I expect to be covered under the 10 year/100k mile CVT warranty extension.

It looks like you're on the wrong side of the warranty, OP. Also from reading other threads, it seems like the consensus is that you should talk to Subaru of America about getting a "good will" replacement for the valve body (or maybe the torque converter since your error code is slightly different from mine). From what I've seen, the out of pocket for the valve body replacement is anywhere from $1k-$2k.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts