Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester X 6spd
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of trading in my 2012 Forester with an automatic for a new '14 Forester 6spd or XV 5spd.
Mainly use my Foz as a commuter and hiking vehicle.
What's everyone's opinion of the '14 Forester 2.5 and 6spd vs. the XV with the 2.0 and 5spd?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium CVT
105 Posts
In terms of raw utility the Forester wins. Cargo capacity is 24 cubic feet larger, and passenger room is comparable to a mid-size SUV. Visibility also is much better.

For entry-level features the XV wins, offering fog lights, roof rails, privacy glass, 6-speaker audio and optional navigation. The Forester adds about $1,900 for these things, and navigation is unavailable on manual-equipped trim levels.

If $1,900 is no object, I'd go for the Forester Premium with optional fogs. Much more bang-for-buck than the XV on what essentially is the same platform.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
^^^^this. We hadn't even considered the XV until we stepped on the dealer lot and my wife spotted one in khaki. She was in love. We drove the 5spd XV and the 6spd Fozzie Prem and really liked both machines. In the end, it was the cargo space and utility of the Fozzie that won us over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester X 6spd
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well......... I traded in my 2012 Forester for a 2014! Got the base with 6spd. Going to black out the windows and the rims. For work and hiking, I think I'll love it!

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,297 Posts
The Forester will be barely OK for speed when loaded.
The XV will be painfully slow, or scary slow, depends on who you ask.

·
Registered
2014 Forester X 6spd
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outstanding choice!!! And it will look like this :)

BAD-AZZ!
I took mine to Leadville from Denver on Monday and absolutely LOVE the 6spd compared to the old 4spd auto! And got 30mpg!
Traded in my '12 Forester for the '14 and couldn't be happier!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts