Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Dupli-Color or similar acrylic lacquer aerosol paint offering is a close match for jasmine green metallic (color code H5Q)?

A new driver in the family sideswiped a dumpster with our learner ‘14 Forester. The gash is a couple inches wide by over a foot long and fairly deep. I plan to try to push out the dent as best I can from the inside and then fill, prime and paint. (Before you all ask: The dumpster is okay. 😆)

This latest ‘scratch” I’m sure will not be the last for this new-driver learner vehicle. And I’m under no illusion that I can make the damaged area look anything close to like-new. However, I would like to hide the blemish as best I can.

The attached pic shows the scar sealed in car wax to stave off corrosion.
69045703-9C72-4A24-9949-7C9A4CB1FE36.jpeg
As far as I can see, Dupli-Color’s website doesn’t offer a tool for matching DC products to vehicle color codes. Nor does it list more than one or two green offerings. Meanwhile, O’Reilly Auto Parts offers Dupli-Color Perfect Match in metallic medium green, Amazon green metallic, metallic emerald green, plus emerald green pearl, classic green pearl, dark green, dark green mica, deep jewel green, and forest green pearl.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...a helpful Dupli-Color customer service rep told me there’s no exact match. And, understandably, he wouldn’t guess as to which product is closest to H5Q. He pointed me to www.automotivetouchup.com. That site offers an exact match, but for more than I’m willing to spend on paint for this project.

I’m confident a member here has matched up a paint in the Dupli-Color price range to jasmine green metallic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts