Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester 6MT
56 Posts
"Information", I believe.

Usually, if you hit the Enter button on the MFD switch, it will pop up a message telling you what it means, like "Low wiper fluid" or "check engine" or similar. Usually, a message will pop up on the MFD when you start the car or the "event" occurs, and this is a way to recall it (since you may have been actually driving and not paying attention to their distracting display!).

The MFD switch is usually the middle button on the lower left of the steering wheel, or just the one on the dash - I think it is on the steering wheel on the 2014s, but may vary by trims.

Reactions: subieblack

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it lights up again I will have to remember to hit that switch. Normally I will hear a beep if that comes on for something else but the radio was too loud. And since the oil light comes on regularly at 6000 miles I'm sure that little information light will also pop on at the same time. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
802 Posts
My money is on it being for low wiper fluid. At least it has always been the case in mine

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It shouldn't be yet but I guess I can check.
Turns out you are right. This time I saw it light up and beep & the message said low washer fluid. Then the reminder light stayed on. This isn't normal though, because it's been going through a lot of washer fluid lately and there's no obvious reason for it. Last time it was at the dealership I thought they forgot to fill it because soon it was empty again. I filled it a couple weeks ago and again it needs more. It's also not spraying correctly. Must be leaking.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Information", I believe.

Usually, if you hit the Enter button on the MFD switch, it will pop up a message telling you what it means, like "Low wiper fluid" or "check engine" or similar. Usually, a message will pop up on the MFD when you start the car or the "event" occurs, and this is a way to recall it (since you may have been actually driving and not paying attention to their distracting display!).

The MFD switch is usually the middle button on the lower left of the steering wheel, or just the one on the dash - I think it is on the steering wheel on the 2014s, but may vary by trims.
This time I hit the switch while the light was still on. It was the washer fluid again. I think I have a leak. It's gone empty a lot lately for no obvious reason.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,846 Posts
Yes, it stands for 'Information'. It means that somewhere there's a message or a trouble light to look for.

Mine stays on all winter due to the TPMS light being on, because I don't have sensors on my snow tires and have used the 'black tape fix'.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
667 Posts
I rarely filled the washer fluid on my 2007 Forester. But when the warning came on on my 2018 XT, I thought the same as you, that the dealership didn't fill it, or didn't fill it enough, when I picked the car up. Since then I've filled the tank myself a couple times, and I think the 2018 (similar to your 2014) simply use more washer fluid than older models. On my 2018 there are the standard sprayers in the front, but there is also another sprayer built into the passenger-side wiper arm. Also, I don't remember whether or not the 2007 had a sensor for washer-fluid level, or whether I just filled it when no more fluid came out. (It may not be good to run the pump when the tank is empty.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts