Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Costco broke a tire lug. 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5L. All the mechanics shops are closed till Monday and it’s friday. What’s the max distance and speed I can drive on 4 out of 5 lugs?

Should I Uber? Can I drive the 8 miles home?

Costco will pay for the repair of the lug but not an Uber / tow.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,862 Posts
I find that hard to believe they are not keeping the car and taking care of you. Don't they realize the liability if something went wrong. Heads should roll.
Most likely you are fine driving 8 miles at slow speeds. But you shouldn't have to.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It went up to shop manager and his manager. Wonder if I should talk to the store manager? I’m in the parking lot now.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,862 Posts
I would. The liability is scary. That wheel fails and they are in deep ****.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was recently changing my brakes and found that one of my lugs was reveres stripped - likely by Sams Club when I had my tires rotated there several months ago. I decided to handle it myself as I needed to get a part at the dealer anyways. I went and purchased 3 lug nuts and 3 bolts. 1 of each to replace the reverse threaded one and 1 now keep a set in the glove box of my 2 Subbys, so if it occurs again I have a set on me.

They aren't that expensive, especially compared to the inconveniece that will be avoided if this occurs again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts