Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Goodness that hardrace failure looks bad. I'm going to have to check on the condition of mine now. What suspension are you running?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Goodness that hardrace failure looks bad. I'm going to have to check on the condition of mine now. What suspension are you running?
This was with RSR springs on KYB struts. Rough concrete (ie hard edge seams and breaks) roads. They were difficult to press in and the arm was heated to get round enough to get the bushings in, so the heat could have caused it to separate from the metal ring although the others are all fine. This happened in <5k miles. I talked to the guys at HardRace in FL and they were certainly open and took it very seriously, but since I wasn't interested in a warranty claim we didn't pursue it past that. I definitely don't want to try to badmouth them as a company.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think that may be what happened. We used no heat but I had it done at a friend's shop where he had professional tools and presses and even fabricated the right sized adapter for the press and we have no problems to speak of.

I checked mine yesterday and they look as good as they day they went on, feel the same too so I think something may have initiated the failure with the install on yours. I'm on STI pink springs and factory shocks but I'm not sure lowering would cause an additional concern...if anything going lower puts less angle on the control arm which should be easier on the bushing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
At 42,000 miles, the bushing on my 2014 XT finally went belly-up. Thankfully, I've found an independent Subaru mechanic that did the service for a great rate. My car's back to normal now!
Well, after having all four bushings replaced on the Lower Control Arms, and everything seeming back-to-normal for a while...my car feels very jittery again. My tires are fairly new, but still have about 2,250 miles to go until rotation. Should I have them rebalanced and do a four-wheel alignment to see if that helps? Do I need new shocks and struts (at only 42,700 miles, I would hope not)? Also, the steering wheel seems to dart away from me on bumps, etc. more than I can remember. Would love to hear what you all think...

Thanks!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts