·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
650 Posts
Add my 2015 Forester (49,000 miles) with both sides lower control arm bushings shot! Just got CVT drain/fill at trusted local independent shop and apparently the dealer doesn't check or just glosses over on the vehicle inspection every time it's serviced. Shop emailed pictures, going to schedule with dealer under my Subaru Gold Warranty. Low tone horn not working either, thought it seemed a bit off.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6 Speed Manual
116 Posts
Had a few front suspension bushings replaced under my extended warranty at 93k miles on my 2014 forester including control arm bushings. Also a ball joint, and strut mounts. One symptom being a feeling of going over bumps on one side when cranking the wheel all the way at low speeds. And just a general loose feeling in the steering.

I drove faster than I probably should have on some rutted dirt roads a few times so I’m assuming it’s my fault but there seems there could be a pattern here

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts
Had a few front suspension bushings replaced under my extended warranty at 93k miles on my 2014 forester including control arm bushings. Also a ball joint, and strut mounts. One symptom being a feeling of going over bumps on one side when cranking the wheel all the way at low speeds. And just a general loose feeling in the steering.

I drove faster than I probably should have on some rutted dirt roads a few times so I’m assuming it’s my fault but there seems there could be a pattern here
you did nothing wrong. subaru did a poor job in selecting materials for this front LCA front & rear compliant bushings. they should have just stuck with the old, more costly, design. now they're paying for it with all of the warranty work. the Outback and Ascent have the old LCA bushing design. if you count the stk LCA's that came with the car, i'm on my 4th set of LCA's, all under warranty.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
8 Posts
Mine is cracked at 25,000 KMS. 2014 FXT. That's disappointing.

The car was badly vibrating at highway speed and I was getting it balanced when I noticed the rubbers were shot. Could this also be the cause of the vibrations?

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
99 Posts
Mine is cracked at 25,000 KMS. 2014 FXT. That's disappointing.

The car was badly vibrating at highway speed and I was getting it balanced when I noticed the rubbers were shot. Could this also be the cause of the vibrations?
My bad control arm bushings were the cause of the vibrations I had under braking.

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT
1,304 Posts
Looking forward to your update on the rear. I wasn't sure if that would make as big of an impact since the rear is trailing and you don't feel that in steering and I assume steering response wouldn't be much different. I imagine it might cause a bit more oversteer if the rear is firmed up but that would be welcome.

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
191 Posts
Looking forward to your update on the rear. I wasn't sure if that would make as big of an impact since the rear is trailing and you don't feel that in steering and I assume steering response wouldn't be much different. I imagine it might cause a bit more oversteer if the rear is firmed up but that would be welcome.
When I did the forward rear trailing arm bushing on my 08 STI(the rear rear trailing arm bushing is a pillowball pressed in the knuckle on the STi) the rear end only felt more confident in corners, there was no increased oversteer or anything like that I noticed. The suspension does not deflect as much while loaded and it stays truer to the motion path of the suspension. If anything I would think it would increase grip, not decrease it.

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
213 Posts
my concern on the rear is the Rear Subframe compliance bushings to the Chassis, and all the suspension link compliance bushings. i'm not sure when corner loads load up the suspension links, if toe is increased or decreased to support vehicle rotation. we'll find out. i do know that, now, i can feel a lot of compliance in the rear.

on my old 1st gen USA WRX, i had the STi Group N Rally Bushing kit installed and it made a HUGE improvement.

keep you posted. my Hardrace parts aren't supposed to show up till late Mar --> early Apr.

thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
538 Posts
my concern on the rear is the Rear Subframe compliance bushings to the Chassis, and all the suspension link compliance bushings. i'm not sure when corner loads load up the suspension links, if toe is increased or decreased to support vehicle rotation. we'll find out. i do know that, now, i can feel a lot of compliance in the rear.

on my old 1st gen USA WRX, i had the STi Group N Rally Bushing kit installed and it made a HUGE improvement.

keep you posted. my Hardrace parts aren't supposed to show up till late Mar --> early Apr.

thanks
If you're doing all this you might also want to order the Forester TS subframe part that STI made to improve handling... Japanparts has it.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS 4-AT
86 Posts
I'm looking to swap in bushings from siberianbushing.com . Just got my 08 sti arms, in the process of cleaning up now.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 XT
243 Posts
I also installed the Hardrace bushings, they were a nightmare to press (the opening on my control arms ovalized once old bushings were out) but massive improvement. Night and day really, took some getting used to the difference in turn in. I will say that I think my uprated springs + chassis bracing were adding to stock bushings being overwhelmed. After the issues installing, if I were to do it again I would probably buy the STi arms from NAPA but Hardrace makes a nice product. Hardrace are also available by phone and were more than willing to talk through my issues with me.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts