Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a weird request, but here goes: I was curious if someone in the Bay Area that has the Nameless 5" muffler axle-back exhausts that I could borrow for an afternoon to see if this is something I should purchase for my car. Nameless performance doesn't offer returns if the product has been installed, and I'd rather not buy and resell immediately if I don't like it. Lunch is on me!

Feel free to PM or reply to the thread. I'd love your input :smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Nameless muffler deletes on mine. I can't take them off, but I could take you for a ride if you want to meet up. I'm in the east bay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Nameless muffler deletes on mine. I can't take them off, but I could take you for a ride if you want to meet up. I'm in the east bay.
Thanks @marvzz but I was looking for the muffled version of the axle-backs :)
No problem. If you're worried about the sround, the deletes are actually pretty quiet vs what you would think they sound like. Very subtle, no droning

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. If you're worried about the sround, the deletes are actually pretty quiet vs what you would think they sound like. Very subtle, no droning
I had the nameless deletes and found they made just a little drone at 65mph on the freeway, and it was too annoying. Hoping the muffler version is more subtle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the nameless deletes and found they made just a little drone at 65mph on the freeway, and it was too annoying. Hoping the muffler version is more subtle.
I haven't noticed that at all on mine. There are certain times when you do hear it more in the cabin, but I've never had a drone that was noticeable to me. It might be because I'm rarely at 65 and that might be a threshold or I used to have a WRX with a full exhaust and just deaf to it now...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't noticed that at all on mine. There are certain times when you do hear it more in the cabin, but I've never had a drone that was noticeable to me. It might be because I'm rarely at 65 and that might be a threshold or I used to have a WRX with a full exhaust and just deaf to it now...
As a DJ, I thought I'd be numb to quiet noises, except it turns out I am ultra-sensitive to them. Put it in S# and it gets quieter, but any hills or in-town acceleration and drone returns and it's the same 2k RPM pitch. I'm hoping to hear a duller difference with the muffled version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts