Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so here's an odd thought that just started pinballing in my head....

Can a single head unit connect bluetooth to 2 phones...?

馃摫 馃殭 馃摬

I think that the Bluetooth technology can allow for it, but now I just wonder if the Subaru system can handle it... Hmm...

The reason? I use one phone for calls and the like. But I use the other (what I call my work phone) for Waze/GPS.

So would the Subaru Bluetooth enabled head unit work with 2 phones at one time...?

Registered
2011 Forester NA
Yes Bluetooth technology is more than capable of handling several devices. I've found however that in my 2011 Forester, the car's memory can only store one device at a time.
The Bluetooth hardware that Subaru users is very cheap. Difficult to connect to and lacks many features of modern Bluetooth devices. Autoconnect being the big one.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Registered
2014 Forester 55k miles
It's a frustrating omission. With my 2012 Mazda, I can have both my personal and work phones connected. If a call comes in on either phone, it connects thru the Bluetooth just fine. When I place a call, I don't recall which phone it uses, but it works fine. Subaru should weigh in and comment on this problem. Except for this major issue, we love the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts