Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2014 Forester, I removed the portion of the dash to replace the stock stereo.

Unfortunately, the piece that plugs into the blower control knob seems to have come out still attached to the harness it plugs into. I am unable to get any air to come out no matter what the setting.

Here's a pic of what it looks like. Is it broken? It seems to just snap into place but it still doesn't work. Am I missing something?

For reference, I've also included a picture that shows what it looks like when the piece is snapped into place. The harness plugs into those 6 blade connections.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Food Alloy wheel
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Telephone Auto part

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Premium
216 Posts
Damage control mode, try to snap it fully back into place, it doesn't look like you broke it so much as you "forcefully disassembled a piece that wasn't meant to be disassembled". I would try to figure it out gingerly, I doubt any single part of that assembly is sold individually. It should be keyed somehow to go back together in the correct orientation, but I can't tell from the pics. It's a simple electrical connection, if it isn't making contact it isn't working and vice versa.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
1,138 Posts
I'm not familiar with the internals, but... did a piece fall out? It sort of looks like the springs would be pushing up against "something" that would make contact with the copper pieces.

I can't imagine that the springs themselves would provide the "contact".

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update - my mechanic looked at it and thought that a couple of ball bearings must sit on those springs to make contact with the piece that came apart.

We're replacing the whole climate control piece. But for anyone curious, this is the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts