Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a basic 2014 Forester. This question regards the little LCD panel between the tach and speedometer that contains the odometer and fuel guage.

Mine is white-ish with black characters. A friend has a 2014 premium. His odo/fuel is black with white-ish characters. And I just saw photos of another 2014 with higher-level trim where that display is also black with white characters.

I would like to change my display to black with white characters. If my owner's manual describes how to change it, I can't find it. Can it be changed? Or is this fixed based on trim level?

·
Registered
15 Forester CVT
277 Posts
You'll need a higher-trim gauge cluster. Not sure if there is a wiring harness change/repinning required as well or not. Beware that you'll need to get the gauge cluster reprogrammed for your car to start (I think that's a thing with the Forester) and the mileage reset or you will write yourself a little note of your mileage and the mileage on the new gauge cluster.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester 6MT
71 Posts
It's not specifically a 2014, but here's a thread on doing the swap for a 2016 premium (and now a 2018 premium). I still miss the electroluminescent display from my 2011 Outback, so I finally did something about it (almost 3 years and another car later).

I'm going to get the immobilizer programmed tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll be putting in a post in that thread with it working (as well as the part numbers and such if it does). It can be a pricey upgrade, especially if you don't find a proper "upgrade" in a salvage yard.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million for sharing your knowledge! I was hoping for a push button solution. It doesn't bother me enough to swap out the gauge clusters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts