Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2014 Base Forester

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  neall_v 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought the base model with CVT last week. Tired of worrying about my pickup truck fishtailing in the snow (or even in the rain!). Can honestly say I haven't enjoyed driving anything as much as the Forester in many many years. My wife named it Zippy ;-) The base model does not have all the bells and whistles of the higher-end models, but after careful review, I realized they were options I did not need
and would probably not use anyway. Really enjoying this vehicle! (and it's even marine blue pearl!)

#6 ·
What is the button to the left of the steering wheel with a car on it and little "skid mark" below it? It appears to be some kind of traction control....why would the Subaru need it? I don't understand......any info appreciated...
It is the traction control button-normally "on". Some say to turn it "off" for driving on snowy roads. I think the manual addresses its use.

#9 ·
That button turns of the engine-cut part of the VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control). Stability control will still be enabled. The power-cut feature has use at speed, but it can be detrimental when you are stuck, or trying to climb a slippery hill, where you need power to the wheels at all times.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.