Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
40 Posts
Yep! Crossing bridges after a recent ice storm would occasionally light that display up like a Christmas tree. :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem Auto (CVT)
155 Posts
Yep! Crossing bridges after a recent ice storm would occasionally light that display up like a Christmas tree. :icon_biggrin:
Same here! Dallas got slammed, it was cool to see the system working as designed.

Subaru rocks! :Banane35:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
Here's a poorly made video of the mfd I made this morning for those who haven't had the chance to play in the snow yet...
When a while lights up yellow, does it mean it is getting traction or no? And what then is green?

Also what are those bars moving from right to left on the bottom?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
When a while lights up yellow, does it mean it is getting traction or no? And what then is green?

Also what are those bars moving from right to left on the bottom?
You can read more about it in the following link:

Green means they are acting normally (grip) yellow means VDC has been activated.

The bar at the bottom shows the amount of time VDC has been active, if I understood that part correctly.

It apparently does not show which tires are slipping though... I kindof thought that was the point.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
like why did they even design it to move the wheels I thought it was supposed to tell us which wheel isn't gripping for our on knowledge when were getting stuck
-_-

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
Nice, Just another distraction from actually keeping your eyes on the stormy, muddy slippery road ahead of you...HA

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
286 Posts
Nice, Just another distraction from actually keeping your eyes on the stormy, muddy slippery road ahead of you...HA
Exactly. I did that last weekend in the snow and bout wound up in the ditch. Been there done that on this display. I will just let the system work as designed without my monitoring it.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
For my pov the only useful info there is the front wheel angle. I've used that quite a bit to center or turn the wheels while parking.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester XT CVT
22 Posts
Like many of you, I find it distracting rather than helpful. The only times I've seen it light up or flash is with wheel slip in very wet conditions. VDC icons on the dash also come up. On the screen it showed me which wheel was slipping. Then 30seconds later its all gone.

The only person who likes it is my 7yo son.

I prefer to keep it on the boost gauge / temperature screen for most driving.

Have to say, I don't do much (read, ANY) off-roading, so that's probably where it matters. Not sure how many of you serious off-roaders would rely on such digital / technical info for vehicle feedback, though I could be wrong.

Jason.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
95 Posts
X Mode is nicer in the snow

Agreed, The flashing display is such a distraction, i have only seen it in the snow now come on, and we got lots of snow lately.
Trying to do donuts is difficult now, even if you disable traction control, VDC kicks in.
Don't try and do donuts in x mode, it does corrective breaking and keeps you pretty straight.
X mode also changes throttle response, so you don't spin as much and have more torque to the wheels that is handy for off roading and steep hills.

My 2014 Foz drives like a tank in wither, traction and steering are great !!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
now that I got mymp3 player working I keep it on the radio display mainly sometimes flip to the dual MPG average screen...all the others I would shut off if I could not worth it to me, too many mileage options everywhere:shrug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts