Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the ASFIR skid plates installed. It would have been a quick easy install if my forester hadn't been through 5 salty PA winters. There are four stock bolts that must be removed for the front skid plate and new bolts supplied by ASFIR must be used. Two of those four stock bolts broke with almost no torque applied to the ratchet because they were so rusted. I was able to easily drill them out and retap them but it took some time. Everything else went really well and I think the level of protection can't be beat. There is a hole big enough to access my Fumoto oil drain valve but it is still recessed and protected. I have a 2" lift by LP and 235/60-18 tires and the ground clearance is 10". Leonard at ASFIRs answered all of my questions quickly and they supplied tracking info through the Israel Postal System which transferred to UPS once everything cleared customs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
305 Posts
Here's another shot from the front at a little further distance.
I know this is an old post. Just curious to know if you have to remove the two supporting beams during your installation as required for the Primitive one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts