Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited Auto CVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in Northeast TN, just purchased a 14 Forester, this is my 4th Suby. I also have an 05 Legacy StationWagon, that I love, can't let go, lol.

Has anyone tried the 3D Maxpider Floormats? I am trying to decide between the Husky and 3D Maxpider, as they look way classier to me, just look like from reviews the Husky weather floormats (similar to WeatherTech, which I have ruled out) that the Husky ones have more coverage, seem top-rated by so many, but the 3D Maxpider look more refined, have a middle layer for comfort and noise control, evidently, are also less expensive than the Husky or Weathertech. What are your thoughts? Anyone tried the 3D Maxpider:grin2: Hope everyone has a Great Day!!

·
Registered
13 forester 2.5 & 14 XT 4eat/ CVT
148 Posts
Haven't tried them. But have the Husky liners and really really like them so thats where my vote goes. Worth every penny!

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,162 Posts
I ordered a set and returned them. The logo plaque was riveted to the mat through the floor of it. Absolutely stupid. Why in Heaven's name would you make holes in the mat that's supposed to protect the carpet?

I have also seen several people that have had them for a while and have shown the heel plate on the driver's mat to delaminate.

I'm pleased with the Husky's I have. Near indestructible.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
524 Posts
Go with Husky's. Superior coverage and tight fit.

Husky 1 - Copy.jpg Husky 5.jpg

Maxpider Good coverage but don't care for texture. Looks like a nightmare to get the mud out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 16 Trek, and the first purchase I made when new was floor mats. I was originally going with the weather tech. I then saw a post for the maxpider. After looking at reviews and a couple videos, I purchased them. I’m totally satisfied with them, and would purchase again in a second. As for mud, I take them out in the summer as needed while washing the car. They hose off easily, and dry quickly. I’ve seen no wear on them. I purchased them from autoaccessoriesgarage.com. If memory serves me, I paid $128.00 for the set of 4 shipped. I checked the site out initially, and didn’t put an order in. I received a message about a discount, and later spoke with someone in customer service. They gave an even bigger discount, and they came in under a week. The floor coverage is excellent, and they don’t have the thick ridges that most of the other brands have. They are nicely padded, and don’t snag on my feet. I’ve seen some weather text mats in other peoples cars that look like beef jerky in a couple of years. These seem to blend into the interior and I’ve had several compliments on them. Best of luck in whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Expedition (Sorry) Auto
3 Posts
Maxpider Good coverage but don't care for texture. Looks like a nightmare to get the mud out.[/QUOTE said:
I scrub them lightly and they come clean, but the suggestion about hosing off sounds like a good one.

In terms of fit and overall look, I love them. They look great. Way better tHan husky or weather tech I think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's the ONLY floor mats I use. I discovered the 3D MAXpider floor mats when I had my 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek on the forums. I have owned 5 vehicles since then and on day one I replace the factory floor mats with the MAXpider.

I have a set of tan colored WeatherTech floor mats for my wife's Lexus and we hated them. We used them for a year and you can't clean them. They ALWAYS look dirty and grimy.

I recently purchased my 2018 Forester 2.0XT and the 3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber wasn't available. I saw on Amazon the other day they have them in black again and will make my purchase this weekend.

I too don't like the logo on them but everyone feels they have to brand their stuff. It does NOT effect the floor mats at all.

Never owned Husky. They look like cheap rubber floor mat designed for a work truck. They aren't classy enough for a nice car.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited Only manual for me!
68 Posts
I used Husky in my '02 Forester and '07 Impreza wagon, and decided to try MAXpider for my '11 Forester. Bad idea.

They look very nice, I'll give them that. But they don't go up as high on the sides as the Husky mats (a big deal in SW Michigan, where we get lots of snow and slush we drag into the car all winter long). I also don't care for the texture on the bottom--it's almost like Velcro, which prevents them from sliding, but also makes it hard to pull them out, and the suckers will actually prick you pretty hard! Another con is that the surface is a bit slicker, and I have slipped when stepping on them to get in and out of the car. The only time that happened with the Husky mats was when there was a LOT of water and it froze solid.

If you don't get snow and won't need to take them out for months, maybe you'll be OK, but if I had a chance to undo the purchase, I would go right back to Husky. If I have time, I'll post photos of the fit on the '07 Impreza (just sold; will be picked up next weekend) and the '11 Forester for comparison.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I LOVE the rear cargo tray that maxpider has. The factory mat is a piece of garbage that slides around when you put stuff on it. The maxpider mat has that soft Velcro underside that makes it stick really well.
I liked it so much I got the floor mats. Huge improvement over stock, but if you off-road or have heavy snow type winters, you might want more coverage the husky seems to provide. I park on a dirt parking lot and these do great. If you go mudding and you shoes or boots get sloppy, it’ll get past the mats.
I would very highly suggest at least the rear cargo mat, the floor mats are fine for normal to somewhat heavy use.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Premium CVT
4 Posts
Bought Maxpider front mats last fall, so they've been through a very snowy and muddy winter in Montana. They really look good and have cleaned up very nicely. They probably aren't old enough to shed much light on durability, but so far so good. I have no complaints at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts