Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited+NAV cvt
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 limited 2.5i with rear underguard
I see on the U-Haul website that a hitch with wiring kit is $320 installed.
has anyone in the past few months have uhaul install a hitch in a 2014 2.5i with rear underguard ?
if so how did it go?
I read through dozens of posts and most information was several months old.
I prefer not to do this myself or pay big money to the dealer either.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
I have a 2014 limited 2.5i with rear underguard
I see on the U-Haul website that a hitch with wiring kit is $320 installed.
has anyone in the past few months have uhaul install a hitch in a 2014 2.5i with rear underguard ?
if so how did it go?
I read through dozens of posts and most information was several months old.
I prefer not to do this myself or may big money to the dealer either.
I have a very bad experience with Uhaul installing a hitch on my previous outback limited. They drilled the frame without applying any anti-rust chemicals. And, the hitch turned out NOT to horizontal. The installation guy in Uhaul are totally not professional. I was totally mad.

If $320 is not that far from dealers' price, go to the dealer to install a factory hitch.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
It looks like you could do it if you cut a hole in your underguard. Otherwise, you would have to take the underguard off.

In the following photo, you can see the outline for where the underguard would go.

vs

^^ If you cut a hole the right size for the hitch through the underguard, it should work. Not sure how you would finish the cut edge to make it look nice though.

2014 Subaru Forester Options and Upgrades Page

·
Registered
2014 Foz Ltd CVT
310 Posts
I negotiated it into the price, when I ordered my limited.
It wasn't cheap, but I thought it was worth the extra cost, to get it done right and not having the hitch hanging totally exposed. It looks great. Like the pics above.

Sent from my RAZR Mini.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited+NAV cvt
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would prefer to have the dealer do this if there were cutting and using the factory hitch. and I get the impression the dealer won't cut the underguard.

It looks like you could do it if you cut a hole in your underguard. Otherwise, you would have to take the underguard off.

In the following photo, you can see the outline for where the underguard would go.

vs

^^ If you cut a hole the right size for the hitch through the underguard, it should work. Not sure how you would finish the cut edge to make it look nice though.

2014 Subaru Forester Options and Upgrades Page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts