Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I apologize if this question has already been answered in another thread buried somewhere, but if that is the case, please provide a link to it below, thank you!

Question: Does anyone know what the maximum possible tire diameter is for a 2014-2018 (SJ) Forester with 19"x8.5" wheels in the following scenarios:

1. SJ Forester at OEM height with no adjustments or modifications to its struts/coilovers.

2. The ReadyLift SST Lift Kit is installed on the SJ Forester, thus raising its Front height by 2.0" and its Rear height by 1.5"

I know for a fact that a 235/50 R19 tire would successfully fit onto an SJ Forester with 19"x8.5" wheels at OEM height, which results in an average tire diameter of 28.25 inches. Please note that I am aware of the fact that depending on the brand and model, tires that are technically the same size (i.e. the same section width, sidewall aspect ratio and wheel diameter) will not necessarily have the exact same tire diameter value.

I am curious as to whether a 245/50 R19 or 235/55 R19 tire would fit at either OEM height or with the addition of the ReadyLift SST Lift Kit (+2.0" Front & +1.5" Rear). Please note that a 235/55 R19 tire has on average a tire diameter of 29.18" and a 245/50 R19 tire has on average a tire diameter of 28.64."

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! I appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
653 Posts
I've run 265s on my 18x9 but that tire had a bit of roll to it because of the amount it stuck out. I'd say if you want good handling you should stick to under 255. Neither had issue with rubbing and I'm sitting about 2mm lower than stock (STI pink springs). If you're going with such a large sidewall (50 vs 35), you probably don't want to exceed 245 unless it's a very stiff sidewall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts