Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Forester. Tire: All season 225/55R17

2 of my tires are more worn (basically not much threads left) than the other 2. I can't afford new tires at the moment. Should I put the better ones in the front or back?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,724 Posts
DO NOT replace 2 tires. You will mess up your AWD system, it needs to have same circumference on all 4 tires. You other choice is to insert the FWD fuse if your vehicle still has that fuse spot available.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,724 Posts
Also @Rg2013F , please:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Note that your thread(s) could be closed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5I Premium
2 Posts
2013 Forester. Tire: All season 225/55R17

2 of my tires are more worn (basically not much threads left) than the other 2. I can't afford new tires at the moment. Should I put the better ones in the front or back?
I assume the worn tires are on the front? I would put the better tires on the front to somewhat even out the wear.

·
Registered
2010 Forester x Premium plus 5sp.
174 Posts
One of the quickest ways to smoke a center differential, run uneven size tires. Ask me how I know. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts