Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester Auto
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a new Cell Phone (Samsung A70). My old cell phone was also a cell phone, and worked fine with the Bluetooth in my 2013 Subaru Forester.

I did an auto transfer and most of the phone settings were transferred. I tried to pair the new phone with the car's Bluetooth, and initially, I was able to connect, but I had to enable the Bluetooth setting on my phone every time I tuned off the phone or the ignition.

Somehow, I removed the care Bluetooth recognition from my phone's list of Bluetooth devices. I have tried to pair the phone with the car's system, and have been unable to.

Unfortunately, when I follow the instructions in the manual or in online videos or instruction pages, I can't get the phone to recognize the Bluetooth device. All of the instructions that I see tell me that when I press the Of Hook switch, the first thing that will happen is that I will get an option to select ENGLISH/FRENCH, and that doesn't happen. The other options as described in the instructions do not appear as well. I assume that these are for installing a phone for the first time.

How do I install a phone for the second time? I've bee playing the Menu options repeatedly, and am getting nowhere now.

Thanks, gang.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,137 Posts
hard to say what's going on, but if you swing by a dealership and ask one of the sales people nicely, they'll probably help. Now, if its an aftermarket unit, then I don't think they can help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts