Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forrester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Forester that I bought new. I am on my second engine. This current engine has to have a qt of oil every 1000 miles. I drive across the country at least once a year, am single. I was told by my Subaru dealership Suburban knows of the oil consumption issue and it cannot be fixed. I asked for a suggestion and was told to check my oil every time I get gas. This car is paid for and at 67 years old, do not want a car payment! I was told by an Autozone employee to try adding Lucas Oil treatment every other oil need. It was using a qt. of oil every 650 miles on long trips but now at 1000 miles before a qt. Is needed with using Lucas Oil Treatment. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,284 Posts
Just out of curiosity do you have a manual transmission or do you do engine braking?

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
So how long was the 1st and 2nd engine warranties for? Ever called SOA TO COMPLAIN?
....squeaky wheel gets the grease..

I was told by my Subaru dealership Suburban knows of the oil consumption issue and it cannot be fixed.
Typical...
... Document who said that, their title, service manager's name, dealer manager and call SOA with all other doc's dealing with your engine(s) issue that has never been resolved.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,284 Posts
@Makingforestergreatagain Subaru gave me $1000 on new second engine..it was out of warranty. I year on second engine
How many miles on your 2013? If under 100,000 you may have a warranty extension:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts