Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 WRX wagon 5MT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago my '13 Forester cel came on (with of course the traction control and flashing cruise lights). Mind you the car only has about 4k on the clock. Took it to autozone to have codes read and it was a P0451, which is an evaporative emission control code ie go tighten gas cap. Tightened cap and light went off, couple days later light came back on. The light was making me crazy as I know I tightened the cap and it would come on and off every other day! :catfight:

Finally had time and took it to the dealer to have them check it out. They diagnosed the problem and it was one they had yet to see so I figure I would share with the forum!

This is the service record:

"Downloaded codes and retrieved diagnostic trouble code: traced fault and found the following: p0451 evaporative emission control system pressure sensor performance. Found is engine harness black/green splice from 1 wire to 4 black/green wire. Poor connection at crimp. When engine starts and moves the engine harness the poor contact is created. soldered the crimp in engine harness. Re taped and cleared code."

Hope this helps someone in the future from losing the mind like me :icon_redface:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Intermittent problems can be a bear to find, so kudos to the dealer.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
Great but that isn't going to be the problem with my lights - ABS and Traction. It could be anywhere in any wiring harness or somewhere else.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Touring Auto
757 Posts
@joe_pinrhill I lucked out. Both solenoids are are like $150+, it was a used FXT that I bought from a dealer and did all the work for free since the trouble was right as I left the place. Took them a very long time to diagnose, think the shop is a bit green, but once they went down the list of possible causes (that werent expensive parts) they did the work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts