Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm looking for a non dealer subaru forester mechanic In the Chicago /O'Hare area that can give me a true no b/s evaluation and service for my 2013 subaru forester.
I truly do not want to go back to any of the dealers near me as I have had some very sub standard work performed on the vehicle.
thank you
G

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport/2018 Crosstrek Prem
266 Posts
Hello I'm looking for a non dealer subaru forester mechanic In the Chicago /O'Hare area that can give me a true no b/s evaluation and service for my 2013 subaru forester.
I truly do not want to go back to any of the dealers near me as I have had some very sub standard work performed on the vehicle.
thank you
G
May I ask what problem or service you need? I have a mechanic I use in Wooddale area right off Elgin Ohare expressway. He is not Subaru exclusive but has done great job on our last 2006 Impreza and 2010 forester. Only thing he dose not work on Subaru is any head gasket work. He will take the engine out and send it in for a special shop to work on it.

·
Registered
2013 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May I ask what problem or service you need? I have a mechanic I use in Wooddale area right off Elgin Ohare expressway. He is not Subaru exclusive but has done great job on our last 2006 Impreza and 2010 forester. Only thing he dose not work on Subaru is any head gasket work. He will take the engine out and send it in for a special shop to work on it.
Hi, well I know i need some front end work like rotors and possible brakes , I also would like a full no b.s. assessment of anything else the car needs to have done. I understand that everyone needs to make money its not truly a cost issue its a trust issue
I have really lost faith in the subaru dealers that I have gone with

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport/2018 Crosstrek Prem
266 Posts
Hi, well I know i need some front end work like rotors and possible brakes , I also would like a full no b.s. assessment of anything else the car needs to have done. I understand that everyone needs to make money its not truly a cost issue its a trust issue
I have really lost faith in the subaru dealers that I have gone with
I have lost faith in 3 Chicago area Subaru dealer service departments. My mechanic has been good and only time he miss the diagnosis is for my Tpms acting up during cold winter time. The contact in the trunk was loose when cold.
Message me if you like to give him a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts