Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to install the SiriusXM Satellite Radio kit (H621SSC300) in a 2013 Forester with the SAT button and antenna.

Trying to find the ending to plug this antenna cable into (coming from the SiriusXM module):

I see what appears to be a FM cable that was attached to the stock radio:

Does this mean that there is no hidden antenna connector somewhere and that the antenna is a FM/Satellite hybrid? If so, do I need to get a special adapter cable? Which one?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2011 2.5XP/AWP 4EAT
436 Posts
Doesn't that plug directly into the HU? The roof antenna in my '11 supports AM/FM & Sirius.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first cable is an antenna input cable coming out of the satellite module that I installed. The second cable is what was already plugged into the stock stereo in the HU. The stock stereo did not have an input for the sat module's cable and there wasn't a loose wire to plug it into.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More details

The unit installed looks just like the following:

When I opened things up, I'm not seeing another connector for satellite, other than the FM. Is the antenna FM only? Thought that this was not the case for the 2013's.. The manual indicates that there should be a connector.

·
Registered
2013 2.5X Touring Automatic
71 Posts
any luck?

did you happen to figure this out? i am looking at adding sat radio to my '13 also

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes

It was hidden deeper in there, next to the FM cable. Snapped right in. Huge relief when I found it. Everything works as intended now. Definitely needed the trim tools to get that panel off. Will try to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to install Sirius in my 2013 Forester and noticed your post here. Any chance you could post a pic? I am having the same issue, trying to figure out where this connector plugs in.

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
16 Posts
Anyone know if the '10 is prewired so I can change the antenna to '13? I used the Sirius kit with an aftermarket radio, but reception is terrible. I suspect it is the wire for the kit antenna.
The factory antenna falls down all the time and doesn't seem to be any good. I have no reception with it on either the factory radio or aftermarket radio, so it probably needs to be replaced anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts