Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi II LTD 4EAT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swap my ugly MY10 heater/climate control panel to "Dual" option control panel. The "Dual" option wont work, but all other buttons/controls work just great...I`m happy!! :rock:

For Swap you need

- MY13 control panel
- 66208SC000
- 66076SC010

Now I got new cluster and climate control panel, it is almost like real MY13 :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
@Tomca So do you know what would make the dual work?
Ive thought about getting the cluster and climate control from the touring model for my premium just havent been able to find them for the right price.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Whoa! You have a 2010 Forester? Please post a wider picture of that dash because from what I can tell, it looks nothing like my '09 XT dash. My A/C controls are mounted in that big swoopy silver piece that crosses the entire dash. :shrug:

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Lim. Automatic
130 Posts
I wonder if going from limited to touring would work since the limited already has the auto functions and therefore I would have at least some of the sensors needed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, you have to replace the whole panel... Easy job.

Once again needed parts for swap.

- MY13 control panel ( Or touring MY11 up with Dual option )
- 66208SC000
- 66076SC010

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT AT
26 Posts
Yeah, you have to replace the whole panel... Easy job.

Once again needed parts for swap.

- MY13 control panel ( Or touring MY11 up with Dual option )
- 66208SC000
- 66076SC010
Hi Tomcat,

So what exactly happens when you select the Dual button? I'm assuming it lights up but does not affect the temperature or blowers (does nothing)

I'm going to do the same swap as you (I also got the KPH Touring Cluster like you) and want to know what to expect with this HVAC control.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just make same swap to my STi :bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited Auto
295 Posts
I bought a Touring climate control unit on eBay only to find out the trim piece has been discontinued. So for anyone wanting to do this swap, your best bet is to find a yard that has the car, and try to talk them into selling you the trim piece with the climate control unit. I found one at a yard but they would only sell it with the whole dash so I returned the ebay part and I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited
55 Posts
@bflan2001 I know this is a bit of a necrobump (of another necrobump).. but I was able to order the trim with no problems. It is most certainly not discontinued as of 2021.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts