Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 meriva 2w
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Forester 2013 2.0 with cruise control, very useful indeed
On long highway trips I would love the system takes care of the direction keeping track of the lane
Does anybody know if the Eyesight feature can be implemented on older models?
thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,299 Posts
No. It requires extensive hardware to be installed that is intimately integrated with the car's other systems at every level. If the parts and procedure even existed, it would be more expensive to install than just buying a used 2014 that came with Eyesight.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,478 Posts
Or you could buy a Tesla... There was a recent video of two people sound asleep driving down a Mass turnpike at 65mph...
Rumor has it the driver was arrested.
Actually on this, that or any car, expecting the car to drive for you is a bad idea, and most if not all of these features are described as a driver assist, not a means to let the car drive for you.

·
Registered
2019 Forester - Touring CVT
137 Posts
The Eyesight system is pretty sophisticated. But it doesn't drive the car for you, nor is it claimed that it does so. You still have to be the executive, in control and responsible for taking actions. And there are no guarantees, so don't expect it to just ward off all accidents by magic. But if you are a little sloppy, or don't see something, or if something happens very quickly, there's a good chance the system will provide early warning or even in some situations intervene to back you up and give you a better chance of avoiding or mitigating an accident. I have found it quite useful in my 7mos with the 2019 Touring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts