Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to forum I’ve a 2013 Forester and the Bluetooth won’t automatically connect to my phone anymore have to do manually when it lets me. I’ve found an exactly same headunit is it as simple as a swap over or will the unit codes be a problem? TIA Marc

·
Registered
2011 XT
2 Posts
Hey Gus1014,

I've got the exact same issue with my 2011 Forester - Head Unit model Clarion CP635U1.

The issue started when I upgraded my phone for a newer one - to an Android 10 device...
Before, with my previous phone, BT was connecting perfectly. The older phone was running on Android 7.0.

I did some research, and apparently, the BT communication protocol has changed in Android 10 devices, and lots of people with older head units from different brands are facing the same - apparently - unsolvable issue...

I've tried a couple of tricks in my phone - such as an automated task in Tasker to try to connect to the car's BT address every time my phone is charging, but still it fails 7 out of 10 tries when connecting.

My last attempt now, will be updating the Head Unit's firmware - as shown in a thread in this Forum: search for "Stereo Firmware Download?" thread...
(my first post here, so Admin wouldn't allow me to paste the direct link for it...)

I'll post an update later this week to let everyone knows if this works...
If this last attempt doesn't work, I'll look at replacing the head unit for a newer one...

Thanks!
Rog

Hey, new to forum I’ve a 2013 Forester and the Bluetooth won’t automatically connect to my phone anymore have to do manually when it lets me. I’ve found an exactly same headunit is it as simple as a swap over or will the unit codes be a problem? TIA Marc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Rog,

I’ve an iPhoneXR. Funny u say about upgrading your phone I only recently had issues with mine took into Apple and they swapped it for a new one and since then the automatic connection stopped. But the drop outs have got so much worse.

I found an exact same headunit in Marketplace for $20 which I grabbed and I was hoping I could do a straight swap with mine hoping the BT was the issue. But I’m not sure if the coding of the headunits would stop this New from working in my car.

Any will give the firm wear an up with the link you posted. I sure I can find it. so cheers for that much appreciated.
Gus1014

1 - 4 of 4 Posts