Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2013 - Bilstein Struts now available...

('09-'13) 
35K views 77 replies 28 participants last post by  goClarkgo 
#1 ·
After many years of missing my Prodrive P1's on my old `01 RS. Which were basically Bilstein B6 struts with Eibach springs. Bilstein has FINALLY released for US Consumption the B6's & B4's for our Foresters. At least MINE. >:) 09-13....

These used to be limited to the JDM/EDM regions. With hefty shipping costs to get them here.

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=4445&selected_year=2013

And double checking their US site... 👍👍👍

Lifetime warranty (Limited) AND can be rebuilt... But at this price, why bother unless they stop production.

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...27788824251470&SubModelId=4639841981072272367

@GTEASER
@FXTerrific

See less See more
#71 ·
G'day & Welcome @JasonSh
Could you please complete your profile; vehicle details at least, thanks:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Note that any threads / posts you create could be removed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!

#73 ·
It's been a while but I must say a big thanks to Galager for posting up the part numbers for the Biltseins. Here in Oz there are very limited options for decent dampers on the SH Foz unless you go coil-overs. I had some KYB Excel-G's on our last Foz (rear) and they were seriously underdamped.
I ordered the Bilsteins from Summit and even with shipping to The Land Downunder the final cost wasn't terrible. Between $800 and $900 Australian Dollaridoos from memory.
Very happy with the result. I fitted them with stock height King Springs. Now it handles like it should. They're intolerably soft when stock. Not sure what Subaru were thinking. Now she's nice and firm. Proabably bordering on too firm on some of our substandard roads but usually just right. Wife has not complained, so that's the acid test.

#75 ·
The rear b6 include a collar. The collar is what holds the factory bump stop up (keeps it from sliding down the shaft). The dust boot then rests atop the bump stop. If you do not have the collars then the install will not end favorably. I have an old for sale post with images that show the needed collars.

#78 ·
Sorry about that, the images are found on my suspension review page here. If you have a mill and the capabilities, then making some shouldn't be too hard, but they should come with the struts, as well as a washer and nyloc nut.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.