Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Good stuff on here!

I just upgraded my Turbo to a VF52 and definitely need a stiffer suspension setup. I already have the stiffer Whiteline rear sway bar with Kartboy one piece end links which helped out a lot. I'm looking the keep stock ride height so what are you guys recommending? The Swift springs for minor drop(1.6") and B6 Bilsteins, or the King standard height Springs(3/8" to 1/2" raised)with Bilstein B4? Current milage is 61,000.
Any help, and suggestions would be great!

Thought I would show you the pictures with them installed in gap 1 and 2 . These are with Swift Forester lowering spring.

Low Down .... B6's as recommended to run on lowered springs by Bilstein. [guys were good to talk to]

Car is up a few inches higher than with swift's springs and stock shocks ..later KYB's [yuck]

Can actually haul stuff in back without scraping now lol

Don't have to bend down as much being taller.

More ground clearance for snow here in Manitoba.

Cornering is vastly better now. [feels much safer on onramps.

Ride on uneven surfaces is much better.

Nicer ride on the highway as can take dips and bumps better.

Enjoying them more every week as on 3 weeks now.

Upgrade is very positive and am enjoying. Hopefully guys can dial them in even better with different springs.
Have an upgraded 19 sti rear sway. 17' tires and put new moog tophats etc from Rock Auto [great service]
Shocks from Shock Warehouse [very very bad experience with]

Was going to do Koni's but this worked out well for me. Now have room for bigger tires lol

cheers all.

Attachments

Thought I would show you the pictures with them installed in gap 1 and 2 . These are with Swift Forester lowering spring.

Low Down .... B6's as recommended to run on lowered springs by Bilstein. [guys were good to talk to]

Car is up a few inches higher than with swift's springs and stock shocks ..later KYB's [yuck]
What's your fender to hub center distances front and rear with this setup?
Thanks

Confirmed with Bilstein, reuse your bumpstops. The only ones that have built in bumpstops are inverted models.
Glad to hear it worked out for you, Galager. I no longer do "multi-mods" and tend to replace worn parts of better quality rather than modify the OEM specs a lot. So I continue to lurk, waiting for someone to install B-4s or OEM replacement KYBs with OEM springs. Better dampers than OEM are not necessarily stiffer than OEM.

GD

Decided to go with the Bilstein B6 and my current Tein H Tech springs for now. Bilstein's are currently in transit.

I plan on replacing most of the complimentary shock components.

Planning on getting the front 20320FG012 and the rear 20370FG012. Looks like Galager used the fronts but not the rears. I see no reason why the rears won't work as well.

Interestingly enough I found a service bulletin (TSB) regarding the 20320FG012 clunking and the bearing going bad. Sounds like Subaru fixed it after a certain date and the part number remained the same.

Curious to hear how you like the setup. I’m leaning towards putting the 1/4 “ rear spacers I did not install at first on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the SJ OEM have higher dampening than the SH, would it make sense to get SJ B4’s instead of SH B6’s and buy new SJ top hats with the savings?

I’m planning to instal a set of swifts ASAP on my 09FXT with 1/4 inch saggy spacers.

As the SJ OEM have higher dampening than the SH, would it make sense to get SJ B4’s instead of SH B6’s and buy new SJ top hats with the savings?

I’m planning to instal a set of swifts ASAP on my 09FXT with 1/4 inch saggy spacers.
I'd just buy sj b6 and be done, from what I've seen the price difference between b4 and b6 isn't much

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'd just buy sj b6 and be done, from what I've seen the price difference between b4 and b6 isn't much

Makes sense, my point was that if stock OEM rates are stiffer on the SJ than the SH, surely the SJ B4’s will be comparable to the SH B6’s?

moreover if I were to get SJ B6’s for an SH, surely they would be stiffer than the SH B6’s, would this be too stiff / harsh?

Has anyone installed SJ B6’s on their SH?

Im looking for a supple daily ride with a little more control. I have swift ready to mount...

Your reasoning is sound. Galager has done it. But an SJ is basically a newer SH so the ride shouldn't be killer harsh, I'm thinking it should feel factory fresh like when I did the sti and poly bush arms, night and day. The SH stock Sus is way too floaty.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.