Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thousand mile review on pink springs. 2016 FXT touring, also has wrx 20mm sway bar. (Definitely do the sway bar)

Drove from Portland Oregon to Los Angeles California.
After doing some usual driving in Portland, no complaints, only praises. The springs soften up a little bit over time but stay firm.

Thousand mile road trip to LA loaded with stuff.
Driving to LA loaded up, the ride was very good. Heavy bumps weren’t bad. Seems the ride does better with weight. Weaving through cars and going through mountain passes was very fun and controlled.
By the end of the trip, the springs were definitely worn in. They stay firm. Freeway bumps and bad roads are completely tolerable.
These spring will never be too jarring for anyone. These springs would be like the equivalent of putting wrx springs on a standard Impreza, your just getting factory tuned spring rates on a vehicle it’s meant for. Coil overs would be too much, but performance struts with firmer valving on the pink springs would be better for performance driving.
Overall, if you like to drive a little hard, occasional canyon carving with all else stock, these are great! This is how the XT should’ve been to begin with. If you want to drive hard, get a good set of tires, upgrade your brakes and a set of performance struts. these springs will be great on that kind of setup.
Overall I would put the pink springs on all the XTs. The stock setup is too fast and heavy to not have them.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
725 Posts
Any recommendations on shocks to compliment the new springs? It might be a good time to freshen those while there.
They are specifically made for the TS struts. You can email japanparts about ordering just the TS struts as they normally sell them along with the springs. I ended up doing the same thing, bought the springs first, then later the struts.

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
They are specifically made for the TS struts. You can email japanparts about ordering just the TS struts as they normally sell them along with the springs. I ended up doing the same thing, bought the springs first, then later the struts.
There are three sets of STI pink springs...two sets for the "Standard" Black Dampers and another for the Silver dampers they call the "Damper kit". Unsure if that's what came on the TS but the part numbers floated here are for the standard black dampers.

Springs for Silver Dampers:
https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/forester_sj/suspension/ST20330SF021/
For the damper kit for Forester
Springs for OEM Black Dampers (Turbo):
https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/forester_sj/suspension/ST20330SF000/
The specifications for this product are based on repeated and thorough driving tests, to achieve the best match with standard genuine damper.
Springs for OEM Black Dampers (Non-Turbo):
https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/forester_sj/suspension/ST20330SF010/
The specifications for this product are based on repeated and thorough driving tests, to achieve the best match with standard genuine damper.

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
228 Posts
So I'm looking into making some improvements to my FXT's handling. Sti RSB is on it's way, but was wondering if someone had any experience with these springs? I do like to keep as much ground clearance as possible, and with tires slightly bigger then oem, it would be close to stock height.. So, anyone?
Her the Mann Engineering Lowering springs. They're balanced to the stock dampers and they reduce the lateral swaying when going over taped bumps. Doesn't eliminate it, but it reduces the lateral quick pitching.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring CVT
26 Posts
Her the Mann Engineering Lowering springs. They're balanced to the stock dampers and they reduce the lateral swaying when going over taped bumps. Doesn't eliminate it, but it reduces the lateral quick pitching.
I've heard Swift springs are also balanced to stock struts. I have Swifts on my 08 FSXT, but no one seems to have them on the SJ

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0 XT
19 Posts
The bottom half of a coil of my driver's rear oem spring snapped off yesterday. What's the fastest way to get a set of the pink springs? There is seriously no North American supplier/importer? I can't wait 3 weeks for springs. The sites posted here do not load for me and the other half don't even mention how many springs of each type are included in the order... I did find 2 Amazon.com marketplace stores offering both SKUs but shipping is estimated 1-2 weeks but with no mention of how many springs are included in the order.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.