Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester Limited
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of the common sizes of the plastic retaining clips used on the inside/outside of foresters?

I saw this kit mentions Subaru in the title and has the clip sizes, but I'm not sure how to check prior to ordering
Amazon link

I broke a couple that are used to hold the foam in the spare tire area, and I saw a few missing from the engine area and undercar area and have seen quite $$ at the Subaru dealer

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
651 Posts
Having bought a few of the kits, you can be assured that Subaru uses the same clips as just about everybody else - when it comes to sizes (like 10mm, 8mm or whatever).

The issues with many of the aftermarket pins, clips, whatever you want to call them, is that the are often a lot cheaper in materials and more prone to falling out or falling apart.

Best bet is to get one of the kits with more size choices. I don't know if (outside of a Subaru factory service manual) there is a list of "size X in places 1, 2, and 3, size y in 5, 9 and 10 and size Z in all other places". Some of the other issues may be that the clips used by Subaru use the a round pin, others use a plus + shaped pin. Or one with a very slight threading and screw "head" on the pin.

·
Registered
2013 Forester Limited
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good point on the cheaper material. I did notice the round pin on the clips used in the rear for the foam inserts.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
148 Posts
I bought a cheap subaru kit and it came with a different style of clip. make sure the set you buy has the right style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts