Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2012 XT - SH SPT Strut tower brace - YES, it fits!

12K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  bhardy 
#1 ·
So, I know this has been a discussed a million times. When I looked it up to find an honest solid answer I never found one...so...here we are.

Subarpartswarehouse.com had a 30% off sale so I figured it was worth the risk.

Description:SPT Front Strut Tower Brace
Part Number: SOA8431130

YES, it fits. You can buy it and install it and be done with it. No mods, don't have to remove the engine cover. Have a 12mm and 2x 15mm wrenches you too can install it! (Preferably a torque wrench for the finally tightening) Enjoy some pictures.

See less See more
#38 ·
Installed the endlinks on Sunday, they were pretty nice and easy to install. Also centered the sway bar as it was off just under 1/4" to the drivers side. Had to unscrew the headlight level sensor rear assembly from the driver's rear LCA to get to endlink and stupidly over torqued it when putting it back on, so had to wait till the replacement came for that to test drive and see if the noise was gone. Part came today installed it and took it out for a test drive. NO unusual noises and no more squeaking!!! So stoked on that.

Thanks again to @GTEASER for help with figuring out what was off. And thanks to @CLe4R and @trajik78 for the advice on the grease.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.