Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester X, manual transmission
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone running these tires on a stock Forester? I have the R/T's on my truck, and have always been impressed with these tires!! Pics?
Screenshot_20210303-132019_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,556 Posts
There are a few owners I know on instagram that run them ... have not heard negatives. I'm looking at possibly getting them when my Continental TerrainContact ATs wear out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh! Thanks man...speaking of IG...any recommended peeps I should be following? 😉

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,556 Posts
oh, there are a lot... a lot... I guess it all depends on what you're looking to for inspiration? overlanding? light off-road? lifts?

@gingerbearfoz (me) to start?

·
Registered
2005 CGM FXT
459 Posts
Just put a set of AT3 in the 215/75/15 variety on my latest 05 XT. Very happy with them so far.

About as much road noise at 30-35 mph as I'd expect from a street-friendly AT tire, haven't had them on the freeway yet.

They balanced out great on the Method wheels, and alignment came out perfect after installing these with the ADF 2" lift on new struts + top hats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@gingerbearfoz, followed....and to answer your question: yes. 😂🤣

·
Registered
19' Limited
86 Posts
So is anyone running these tires on a stock Forester? I have the R/T's on my truck, and have always been impressed with these tires!! Pics?? https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-open-country-a-t-iii/p/89568[ATTACH type="full" alt="549111"]549111[/ATTACH]
Haven't tried them but looked at them and ended up going with the Conti Terrain Contact at because they were supposed to be quieter. I don't know if that's actually the case since tire noise ratings don't seem very reliable but imo don't get an AT tire unless you spend a lot of time off road or you have another car for daily driving. I got them just for weekend warrior stuff/daily city driving and in retrospect I don't think Foresters are really insulated enough to keep the noise levels okay. 60+ on even a good highway and it's pretty loud for my liking, they seem to ride great though otherwise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man. Road noise isn't an issue with me. I currently drive a lifted f150 with 35" Open Country RT's...and no muffler. 😂😂 ...I just love the look of the Open Country tires!

·
Registered
2005 CGM FXT
459 Posts
@buzzword, that looks great!!! Is the lift necessary to fit the tires?
Not necessary, but you'd end up with an awfully small amount of uptravel due to clearance issues.

Thanks man. Road noise isn't an issue with me. I currently drive a lifted f150 with 35" Open Country RT's...and no muffler. 😂😂 ...I just love the look of the Open Country tires!
Gotcha. I used to drive a lifted cherokee on 35" IROKs and no muffler, so I know that feeling :)

I love them too! One of the better AT options IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of on my Stock 2020 Sport! The size is 225/60R18. I do have a 2" lift on my sport tho so I'm not sure if that size would fit without rubbing in a non lifted. I have loved them so far! No negative difference to note. I guess I might not have been paying much attention to how loud it was before but id say it's not much louder at all. I have lost a couple MPG's since installing my Lift Kit and the tires although it's hard to tell which the loss is coming from, most likely mainly from the lift. My main regret is getting too trigger happy and not waiting until I got new rims, specifically smaller 17" rims, before I got the All-Terrain tires. The Toyo Open Country, BF Goodrich, Falkin Wildpeaks all look sooo much better and way more aggressive on the smaller rim with the larger sidewall. I would recommend for anyone to get the smaller rims first if you're going for the aggressive off-road look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts