Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.5x Premium Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm purchasing a 2012 Forester (bring it home Monday!) and the wife's wheelchair demands those light gray cloth seats be protected with quality seat covers (not to mention our dog). I found posts here on the forum about Coverking and Shear Comfort suppliers, but I'm trying to settle on fabric: neoprene, neo-supreme or cordura?

I think it looks like neo-supreme may not hold up when it comes to the wet elements both the dog and the wheelchair will throw at the upholstery from rain, mud and snow; does that sound correct? But, which is more dependable and more comfortable between true neoprene and cordura?

Cordura doesn't sound super comfy but I've read that neoprene can dry out and crack--anyone experience either of these fabrics?

All opinions and experiences appreciated as I whittle down to my final choice. Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 2.5x Premium Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a lot of research online reading both positive and negative reviews, I decided cordura sounds in uncomfortable so I've purchased neoprene seat covers from Cover King. Boy, at these prices I sure hope they last.

For what it's worth, I briefly considered leather but that price was even higher. Fingers crossed we like the neoprene. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Convenience Constantly Very good Times
33 Posts
After a lot of research online reading both positive and negative reviews, I decided cordura sounds in uncomfortable so I've purchased neoprene seat covers from Cover King. Boy, at these prices I sure hope they last.

For what it's worth, I briefly considered leather but that price was even higher. Fingers crossed we like the neoprene. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A wee bump…..bonobi, how do you like your neoprene seat covers?
:^)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good decision ! My 2017 seats are ruined with stains that I cannot remove
They look better after cleaning and then the stains bleed back through worse than ever

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i MT
256 Posts
Warning to those that may have bought cheap seat covers in the past. If you have side airbags, and the covers do not have airbag cut-outs, get a better seat cover.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
57 Posts
I have custom fit Coverkings in velour on my 2020 Touring front seats. I have same on my 2014 F150 front seats. The fit is excellent and they have held up great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts