Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am faced with this dilemma: Found out that I need to replace the manual trans in my 2012 for $5000+, which is probably what it's worth. No option for rebuild, why? 4th gear started getting wonky about a month before new clutch (last Nov Thanksgiving Eve, no thanks) and lost 3rd and 4th gear three days ago. At dealer, now it's stuck in 1st. What happened to the fabulous reviews on Subaru Foresters??? I am not a big fan right now. Can anyone suggest my next steps? I am clueless and stunned.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
150 Posts
Have you compared that quote with any reputable local shops?
I paid 1/2what the dealer quoted for my clutch repair. Transmissions are big jobs, but the dealership will charge much more than the independent shop down the street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you compared that quote with any reputable local shops?
I paid 1/2what the dealer quoted for my clutch repair. Transmissions are big jobs, but the dealership will charge much more than the independent shop down the street.
That's what we're waiting for. But I fear clutch repair could be a different animal than entire tranny. We had the clutch repaired last year at a local shop using Subaru parts for $1300. There was extensive damage to the parts, flywheel looked like a pizza cut up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts