Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT AT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to get you guys opinion, I recently did a spark plug change, I got the NGK off amazon, shipped and sold by amazon. I had trouble torque the last spark plug in, driver side rear. It felt tight but that might have been because of the all the adapter and attachment I used to screw it back in. Since replacing the spark plugs the engine have been idling rough, I did a reset of the ecu so that it can relearn. the engine idles at around 700 and 750 when the radiator fan kicks in.

Do you guy think this vibration/hard idle is due to the spark plugs not siting at the proper dept or maybe the spark plugs are fake?

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
Earlier this year, when my son swapped NGK plugs off of amazon in his cross trek, the car stumbled. It was missing one cylinder.
We found one plug to be faulty. It was cracked.

Be careful cranking down on spark plugs, especially when you first start it. It is usually best to slip some fitting vacuum hose over the end of the plug and use that to get it started. It is an aluminium head so cross threading is possible. Let's hope that didn't happen.

Does it throw codes?

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT AT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No error code, I have a magnetic spark plug socket with a 3in attachment that I started by hand first before using the ratchet...changing those spark plug was a pain, I might have to unbolt the motor mount and lift the engine a bit to check it it out.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
827 Posts
Amazon does a poor job of vetting suppliers and vendors. I would purchase from a reputable parts store.

If the plug is not seated properly or debris got in the tube, it may be the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT AT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazon does a poor job of vetting suppliers and vendors. I would purchase from a reputable parts store.

If the plug is not seated properly or debris got in the tube, it may be the cause of the problem.
Thanks I'm pull it out and check the spark plug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts