Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my Forester is lifted I can clearly see issues that need some love. It looks like my front control arm bushings are in pretty bad shape. The arm itself looks a little rusty...after the lift the angle of it isn't too bad (right?). A good mechanic friend of mine said I'm better off replacing the arms than just trying to replace the bushings. Can I get some recommendations from some Subie Gurus? I'm taking this car cross country soon so I'd like everything to be in good shape and durable. View attachment 552031 View attachment 552032 View attachment 552033 View attachment 552034

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been informed about the 2011+ STi lower control arms that work perfectly with the extra bolt and spacer and received the part numbers for everything. Time to hunt for good prices. I don't know how to delete this :)

·
Registered
2015 Forester "Premium", 2.0 NA
78 Posts
If you can't do the STi LCA's I have had good experience swapping the rubbish subaru LCA bushings to polyurethane. I used whiteline in the front position, Siberian Bushing in the rear position. Firms up the ride a little bit, but noticeably improves the handling as well.

NB I live in the developing world where we tend not to replace things that can be easily fixed. It costs a hell of a lot less to get a shop to press in the new bushings than it does the cost of entirely new arms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts