Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’ve just purchased a 2012 Forester X and I find it very sluggish. Is there any tips on what I could do to get a decent improvement on the performance?

I’m already looking at new light weight front seats, and larger wheels. however I think it requires mechanical work to achieve improved performance

Thanks in advance 🙏

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,605 Posts
@Jimmy_Turner_AUS welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Most member will say there not much in the way of untapped power in the nonturbo engine. Take a look at the "stickies at the top of this sub-forum.
Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
649 Posts
Hey guys,

I’ve just purchased a 2012 Forester X and I find it very sluggish. Is there any tips on what I could do to get a decent improvement on the performance?

I’m already looking at new light weight front seats, and larger wheels. however I think it requires mechanical work to achieve improved performance

Thanks in advance 🙏
When you say "sluggish", what is that compared to? Larger wheels will do nothing to enhance performance. Lighter wheels might offer a slight improvement.

First thing you should do is to be sure everything is up to OEM specifications, including spark plugs, air filter, fuel system, exhaust system; the works. If that does not solve the "problem", you should probably get another type of car.

GD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts