Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SH Forester 6 speed manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a minor problem, I was after the service manual for my 2012 Diesel Forester and I bought a set of "pdf" manuals from E-Bay, they had the diesel in there but were HTML based and really bad to use (basically useless), I then bought a true .PDF set and they are awesome.....except they only cover the petrol versions.
Is there a diesel supplement document? Where is the best place to get the correct manual?
Thanks

Regards - Tony Eagling

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,926 Posts
All the newer manuals are now HTML based (except maybe Russia and the US) as they link in with SSM. The only pdf content is the wiring diagrams.

I've found the best way to use them is the dropdown list on the left hand side rather than main menu system.
WRX_STI_CD.jpg
In the UK the manuals are available from Subaru UK via their Dealers.
The GE (General and Europe) editions cover the Australian Market as well.
Impreza HTML manual.jpg Levorg HTML manual.jpg

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2.5 -04
10 Posts
All the newer manuals are now HTML based (except maybe Russia and the US) as they link in with SSM. The only pdf content is the wiring diagrams.

I've found the best way to use them is the dropdown list on the left hand side rather than main menu system.

In the UK the manuals are available from Subaru UK via their Dealers.
The GE (General and Europe) editions cover the Australian Market as well.

I'm very interested in Subaru workshop manuals. Especially manuals that covers diesel models. So that's why i bring this old thread back to life..

"So newer manuals are HTML based and link in with SSM"
Does this mean that the manuals are included in SSM? Or does it mean that SSM connect to a server, in order to view workshop documentation?
Or is it possible to run SSM on a standalone computer without internet connection, and view workshop manuals for various Subaru models, including all EE20 equipped versions?

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester X (SH)
17 Posts
I found the internet exploder manual a bit clunky too. I ended up printing to PDF for the sections I needed in the garage. The print the PDFs I need. Was a bit clunky but worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts