Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People,
Looking for leads on websites to order used parts. I am needing new control arms and all the fixings.
Also about to get a Transmission flush and curious if I should be weary of anything that might go wrong.

Thanks,
B

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,540 Posts
I usually shop on Rockauto.com. Great return policy etc...

Transmission flush...nothing special other than drain, refill, drive it around and then repeat at least 2 more times since you cannot get all the fluid that is still inside the torque converter. If you plan on replacing the transmission filter get Subaru only. Note that it is not required to replace this filter. Transmission oil for the most part is pretty clean unlike engine oil. The biggest enemy of transmission and transmission oil is heat.

·
Registered
Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I am going to let someone with insurance work on my transmission. The left and right control arms are coming off by me though. Looking to either improve or at the very least keep OE parts on this vehicle because I do a lot of offroad. Considering putting a 2 inch lift on the vehicle also.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,540 Posts
Then you should look at getting longer/strong CV axles due to the 2 inch lift. Length needed to compensate for the steeper angles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts