Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester Automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Time to upgrade from my 06 Forester. Many miles and many problems. I am torn between finding an older model with the same reliable EJ engine that has had it's head gasket done (and done well!) and timing belt replaced (along with idler pulleys) or a 2012/13 and just hope I don't have the oil consumption issues! Any advice from experienced Subies is most welcome!!! Also, any other years that I should be seriously considering? I'd like to go with something 75K miles or less.

Thanks from the US!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,789 Posts
If you want the EJ you have no assurance that the HG and TB was done properly..not to mention the likelihood of finding an EJ with that low a mileage...considering you have to go back to 2010. I would shoot for a Forester 2013 or later. The ring problem was corrected by then.

·
Registered
2006 Forester Automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response and the info! I went on the NHTSA website and found a few complaints on the this oil issue on the 12s &13s. (Nothing compared with earlier FBs!) If you happen to have anymore information about what they did to fix it, I'd be much obliged. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts