Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Names Jesse. I just installed a new downpipe on my 2011 fxt and had a question about the top hole for the new wideband o2 sensor. Is this a plug and play thing or is there mods I have to do to use this feature? I assumed Subaru would have the wiring in place to hook up the sensor. But I looked around and don't see any extra clips. Any help would be very much appreciated 馃槉 thank you...

Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
wideband will usually come with a gauge which you will need to provide power and ground to and a spot to mount it, it then plugs into the sensor that goes into hole in your downpipe. If you wanna hook it up to the car, there are ways to do it, but its really only used for tuning and for you to monitor the car. No gains connecting it to the car otherwise.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanx for the info. So it won't plug into the ECU and help the car run better? It's just for tuning info?

Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
Correct. If you plan to modify the engine for more power, you can use one and connect it to the ECU (via some sensors that are commonly shut off when modifying the car) and then your tuner can use it, but without that, i'm not aware of any OEM+ feature where this would be possible or add any benefit other than giving you a pretty gauge on your dash to look at :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts