Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my Forester 2 weeks ago
I absolutely love the car. I took it for a car wash and as soon as I left it threw a check engine light, so I pulled the codes and it has a misfire on cylinders two and four and it threw a code p0011which I understand is for camshaft timing, I have read that p0011 is a nightmare code for these cars, if I take off and ease into the throttle it seems to have good power and I can feel the turbo spool up but if I hammer on it I can feel the misfire, now my question is do you guys think it is possible for the misfires are causing the cam timing fault or do you think it is more likely the cam timing fault is causing the misfires? Also what is the most effective first step in this repair process??I'm really hoping to replace a couple of coils and plug and call it good..... PLEASE HELP.....

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,128 Posts
Variable valve timing creates the advanced compression needed to ignite the air and fuel. No compression no ignition -- misfire. You might change the oil if it hasn't been changed since oil pressure controls the cam system. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I also read that there is something you can take out and clean debris from ? I think it said something about banjo bolts? Where are they located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts