Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and girls, so I have a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5x PZEV Premium 107,680 miles I bought it from a dealership 1 year ago and it goes through oil quick. it would start ticking every 6 weeks so as long as you added a QT it would go away it don't smoke or leak oil. well one day driving to work it got real bad like the engine was gonna fall out, long story short bad rodbarring I been told its cheaper to get a used engine and put in. the dealship wont do anything so I am ****ed and have a car that I have 9,000 still to pay on it siting in my driveway un drivable....so my question is I keep looking on eBay for a engine but its like my make and year is like 2-3000 used but all the other years above and newer are so cheap what are my other option for a engine that will fit and mount right up with no issues or do I have to stick to the same year

Vin # JF2SHADC5BH779638

thanks guys

pic of my car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,218 Posts
Having a bad rod bearing doesn't cause it to burn oil. You are letting it get so low that its destroying your bearings-probably. Switch to 30 or 40 wt oil and keep it full of oil.

·
Registered
2011 X Touring Automatic, unfortunately
2 Posts
My 2011 just died. Only 69k miles, 600 miles off an oil change by the dealer, no oil in the engine. I'm in the same spot and used engines for this model are just too much.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Hit up independent shops for the sourcing and installation of a used engine.

I would not source from Fleabay.

Walk away if not(at least) 6mos/6000 mile guarantee.
ASE certified is a bonus to look for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts