Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! New member and first post!
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I recently got a 2011 that I really want to put a light off-road kit on. I've been doing a lot of research on different builds and tire sizes/types, lifts and all that jazz; but this will be my first experience modding any vehicle.

The setup that I would like to go with is a 2" lift from AF&D, and then going with 15" wheels with a +15 offset and slapping 215/75R15 All-Terrains on 'em. My concern with this is that I don't know whether or not that tire size is going to rub or contact the frame with tight turns. I took a lot of inspiration for the build from the YouTube channel Softroadingthewest, and he had the same tire/wheel setup on his 2012 Forester, just with a 1" lift. I just don't know whether he had any issues with rubbing.

I guess my question is if anyone is running this setup on this Gen, or if they have experience with this setup at all and can lend me some insights or tips.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Forester
3 Posts
Hey y'all! New member and first post!
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I recently got a 2011 that I really want to put a light off-road kit on. I've been doing a lot of research on different builds and tire sizes/types, lifts and all that jazz; but this will be my first experience modding any vehicle.

The setup that I would like to go with is a 2" lift from AF&D, and then going with 15" wheels with a +15 offset and slapping 215/75R15 All-Terrains on 'em. My concern with this is that I don't know whether or not that tire size is going to rub or contact the frame with tight turns. I took a lot of inspiration for the build from the YouTube channel Softroadingthewest, and he had the same tire/wheel setup on his 2012 Forester, just with a 1" lift. I just don't know whether he had any issues with rubbing.

I guess my question is if anyone is running this setup on this Gen, or if they have experience with this setup at all and can lend me some insights or tips.
Thanks!
I have a 2011 with a ADF 2" lift and Cooper Discoverer AT3 225/65-17's on factory alloy wheels and I get a slight rubbing on passenger side only on sharp turns. Had to trim the plastic inner fender liner a bit.

·
Premium Member
2011 Forester X Premium AT
303 Posts
I have a 2011 with 215/75R15 Toyo OpenCountry ATIII's on 15x7 +15 offset wheels. I have a 0.75" front and 1" rear lift and did have rubbing at the rear of the front wheelwells (Rubbing occurred when wheels were turned about 3/4 of the way to full-lock). I had to trim about 6" of the fender liner and hammer over a few inches of the pinch weld. There is no rubbing at the rear wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts