Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with reducing the loud Chirp-Beep with the remote Lock/Unlock ?
ideally, I would prefer to remove/delete the beep entirely but would settle for at least reducing the volume.

Other issue almost annoying is front door hinges appear not to have the Detent-Notch that helps the door remain in an open position. Every vehicle of every make & model has that type of hinge. If you’re parked on very slight angle or even a gentle breeze is enough to cause the door to swing close. My mechanic said he believes the door is designed that way ? Seems odd for a feature to be removed which serves a needed purpose.
Any Thoughts ?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
4,611 Posts
How old is your vehicle? The door checker in the Subaru on older models do not have very distinct detent and as the checker wears out it gets worse. I recently replaced all 4 checkers on my 2001 and they work way better!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
42,704 Posts
@bman400 looking on his previous thread, looks like @2Hotforester has a 2011.
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.