Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone have an 11 forester x limited and doing the poor man 2012 wrx Oem takeoff lowering setup . I’ve seen issues or discussions of the rear upper control arm hitting the body due to being a straight arm compared to the wrx arm having a downward bend. I have seen in person the difference in the design of the the rear upper control arms from a forester /outback compared to a wrx or sti . I will be using 1/2 saggy butt spacers in the rear to raise it up some but curious anyone running Oem spring and struts off 11-14 wrx having issues with bottoming out

·
Registered
09 FXT
24 Posts
@Brainstormtuning So I don’t know how much help I’ll really be but here I go....so I have a 09 FXT and I’m running coilovers from 08-14 wrx(which works with 09-13 forester and are direct bolt on)and they work beautifully....I would suggest just getting the OEM suspension for the wrx if you don’t want coilovers and use that rather than getting springs and having issues that might cost more to fix in the future

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Brainstormtuning So I don’t know how much help I’ll really be but here I go....so I have a 09 FXT and I’m running coilovers from 08-14 wrx(which works with 09-13 forester and are direct bolt on)and they work beautifully....I would suggest just getting the OEM suspension for the wrx if you don’t want coilovers and use that rather than getting springs and having issues that might cost more to fix in the future
Yes I don’t want coilovers due to driving 60 miles a day and I ran wrx wagon suspension on my 03 forester and ride great but with the SH they have double wishbone rear suspension so was unsure if I’ll have to deal with the rear control arm smashing into the body since the Oem wrx 11-14 drop the car 3 inch

·
Registered
09 FXT
24 Posts
Yes I don’t want coilovers due to driving 60 miles a day and I ran wrx wagon suspension on my 03 forester and ride great but with the SH they have double wishbone rear suspension so was unsure if I’ll have to deal with the rear control arm smashing into the body since the Oem wrx 11-14 drop the car 3 inch
Got cha, this is mine dropped 5” all around. I drive 230 plus a week

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got cha, this is mine dropped 5” all around. I drive 230 plus a week View attachment 527373
You have any issues with rear upper arms hitting ? If your a 5
Inch drop then my 3 in drop shouldn’t have any issues of control arm . Just was doing research and saw
People swapping to wrx rear arms . Maybe for camber issue it’s moog and whiteline sell lower arms +2.5 or -2.5 camber

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size wheels are those and offset ? I bought 18x8.5 32 offset jNC for mine didn’t know if I’ll prob deal with rubbing

·
Registered
09 FXT
24 Posts
And about the arms, I have no clue...I personally have Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars with polyurethane bushings, Whiteline adjustable linkends front and rear and superpro toe arms but not sure that’s what keeps it from hitting 🤔

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And about the arms, I have no clue...I personally have Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars with polyurethane bushings, Whiteline adjustable linkends front and rear and superpro toe arms but not sure that’s what keeps it from hitting 🤔
Yea those are good products but if you haven’t replaced upper rear arms with a 5 inch drop then I shouldn’t have an issue with my 3 in drop and with the 1/2 saggy butt spacers in the rear to level it out I shouldn’t. Have problems . Thanks for letting me know your setup

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
624 Posts
I'll second that! I've got STI take offs on my 09, no issues with control arms, other than need adjustable lowers if I want to correct the slight negative camber.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts